follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Monday, January 01, 2007

my new digicam & a look back...

i am sooooooooooooo excited to have my new digicam! GONE are the days of trekking to the super-walmart & getting those one-hr photo cds made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yipee-i-ay!!!! i can upload pics to my computer, sha-zammmm! i've spent the weekend acquainting myself with my new toy & all its lovely features. & i think i've got the basic grasp...this is an upgrade from my old nikon cam & i'm lovin' the sleekness & tiny-ness of it all & the wicked cute pink & brown cam case>>> just darlin'! i finally was able to take snaps of these lovely prezzies i got just the day after christmas from a dear flickr pal, monica...she made this lovely tree ornie with such loving details... & she sent me this beautiful emu ornie...i was amazed that it did not get damaged in the post because it is rather fragile... i was so surprised & elated to receive these wonderful package from her>>>thank you so much monica! i'm quite touched by your gifts & i will treasure them always {smile}.
*** i got this idea from blog pal weirdbunny (thanks julia!)>>> she got this idea from a pal of hers in which you go into your archives & write the 1st sentence of each month's post of 2006. so i thought i'd give it a whirl (pls. note that i started my blogging journey last february):
***
februrary '06: a dear friend of mine told me about her blog & how much she enjoys it. march '06: how much longer do i have to hang on? april '06: he who lives without folly isn't so wise as he thinks ~~francois duc de la rochefoucald. may '06: my dear friend annie is in town & i can't wait to spend my day off tomorrow with her! june '06: the pocketbook i fashioned out of a plain wooden box with handle, which i found in the clearance aisle at wal-mart... july '06: this season i will...is the topic for this week's mmm. august '06: snaps we took of our weekend visiting the fam in chi-town. september '06: fun vintage stuff i found at that estate sale i had gone to with angie wangie in st. louie. october '06: hi blog sistas & friends! november '06: all day today at school, i kept wishing that the day would hurry up! december '06: this week's topic for studio friday is what's your favorite color combination?
***
it may not look like much, but believe me, these are but a fraction of what each month contained for the past year (561 posts, to be exact!)...which brings me to the topic of switching...well, i've looked into wordpress & i'm very tempted to switch over because i do actually like the looks of the pages there...but i've a bit of a prob, you see. wordpress, i'm told, is "static" & won't take movable side widgets, such as flickr & neocounter...two things i've become accustomed to seeing on my current blog...& if i switch over to wp, then i wouldn't be able to have either one in my new sidebar. which i'm not sure whether or not i could live without yet... so at the moment, i'll be staying put a little while longer.darn it all tho! i so was looking forward to a new look...{sigh}. but at least i have a gleaming new digicam! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 1/02/2007 09:02:00 AM, Blogger JUST ME said…

    You go girl..... Happy new year to you and many blessings to you...

    Enjoy that camera and I hope you had a great NEW YEAR.

    Love, angie wangie

     
  • At 1/02/2007 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I have a new camera too!! YAYAYAYAY!! I can't wait to start sharing all kinds of photos!! And I can't wait to see all that you will do with yours!

    Happy 2007!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!